Thank-you to everybody who took part in the Scavenger Hunt. Here are the answers, how did you do?
1. What does flamingo buy in ‘Hippo Has A Hat’ by Julia Donaldson and Nick Sharratt?
A: A bag
2. Name the original book.
A: Here Be Monsters!
3. Subtract the number of Sickles that are worth one Galleon from the number of staircases at Hogwarts?
A: 142 – 17 = 125
4. In ‘One Snowy Night’ who is the first animal to knock at Percy’s door?
5. What connects Kate Bush and Laurence Olivier?
A: Wuthering Heights
6. Which author and illustrator begins some of his most popular books with “Once there was a boy…”?
A: Oliver Jeffers
7. What does ‘The Smartest Giant in Town’ use his shoe for in the Julia Donaldson story?
A: A house for a little white mouse
8. What book do these ruby red slippers appear in?
A: They don’t – in the original book they are silver.
9. What is the name of the giraffe in ‘Giraffes Can’t Dance’ by Giles Andreae and Guy Parker-Rees?
10. In the song about James Bond author’s gadget-filled car, how many fenders did it have?
11. What are Winnie the Witch’s sisters called?
A: Wanda, Wilma and Wendy
12: Greg from ‘Diary of a Wimpy Kid’ is on the cover of which medical textbook?
A: Your Child and Constipation