Our Register of Business Interests is as such
REGISTER OF BUSINESS INTEREST
|Register of Governors’ / Trustees interests September 2018||Term of Office||Employee of Schools within the HCAT MAT||Relationship with any school staff||Employee/governor/ trustee/volunteer at another school/college/MAT /academy chain||A parent of any children 18 years or less educated in a HCAT MAT School||Directorships, partnerships or employments with businesses that provide goods or services to the schools or other local educational institutions – or potentially could in the future||Other interests considered relevant – including being a member of officer of any local community organization, charity or other public body or holding shares in an interested business|
|Alan Hastey||29/01/19||Yes – Relief Teacher||Yes – Parent of a teacher in School||No||No||No||No|
|James Andrews||16/09/22||No||No||No||No||Director – Barnsley Miller Partnership
Director – Groundwork Dearne Valley
Deputy Leader – BMBC
|David Wakefield||26/06/20||No||No||No||No||Yes – Director of EAST Ltd||No|
|Linda Johnson||21/05/22||No||No||Yes – SMAT||Yes – child at HCPS||SMAT-West Meadows||Yes – Homestart SY|
|27/06/19||No||No||Part time employment SMAT||No||SMAT-West Meadows||No|
|Rebecca Paddock||06/07/18||Yes – HCPS||No||No||No||No||LilyPad Web Services – owned by spouse|
|Ruby O’neill||06/07/19||Yes – HCPS||No||No||No||No||No|
- Developing the strategic plan for the school
- Determining aims, policies and priorities for the school
- Approving the school budget
- Appointment and dismissal of staff
- Setting statutory and non-statutory targets
- Monitoring and evaluating the work of the school
- Drafting the school profile.
- Reviewing progress against the school’s budget and objectives
- Securing high levels of attendance and good standards of pupil behaviour
- Ensuring pupils have access to a broad and balanced curriculum, to prepare them for the future
- Maintenance of school buildings
- Ensuring the health and safety of pupils and staff
HCPS Governing Body comprises of community governors, local authority governors, parent governors and staff governors.
- Local Authority (LA) Governors: appointed by the Local Authority that maintains the school.
- Community Governors: appointed by the governing body to represent the community. A community governor does not need to have any previous experience or knowledge of education, nor do they need to have children.
- Parent Governors: elected onto the governing body by other parents from the school, and are usually parents of children in attendance at the school.
- Staff Governors: elected onto the governing body by staff at the school.