Yorkshire Sculpture Park

Today we visited the sculpture park. We had an amazing time walking around and looking at the sculptures. We saw work by Henry Moore and Barbara Hepworth. We talked about the textures we saw and how the sculptors used space and shape in their work. Next week we will be creating our own clay sculptures using some of the ideas we have seen today.

IMG_3595

IMG_3645

16 Comments /

• Helen

• 28 September, 2017

I really enjoyed going to the sculpture park because it was really fun. My favourite sculptures were the twirly ones, they were shiny. I also liked the one that looked like a helmet.
Finley Ibbotson

Mrs Harrison

• Mrs Harrison

• 29 September, 2017

I liked the octopus sculpture best Finley because it was so colourful. Did you like the musical benches? I thought they were lots of fun.

• Alfie

• 29 September, 2017

I liked the Yorkshire Sculpture Park because it was fun.

I liked the soldiers the best. Alfie. C

Mrs Harrison

• Mrs Harrison

• 29 September, 2017

I liked the soldiers too Alfie. They were all stood in rows and they were all different.

• Ava

• 30 September, 2017

I loved the Yorkshire sculpture park! My favourite sculpture was the bunny made out of metal because it was detailed and impressive. Ava Bee

Mrs Harrison

• Mrs Harrison

• 1 October, 2017

There was lots of detail on Ava. I liked the objects hidden in the paws. They made it even more interesting.

• Finlay

• 1 October, 2017

I had a great day at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park!!!!! My favourite was the musical benches because I love music!

Mrs Harrison

• Mrs Harrison

• 2 October, 2017

I liked the benches too Finlay.

• Lilly

• 2 October, 2017

First we arived at Yorkshire Sculpture Park. Then we carfully walked down the steep sliprry hill and then we found the first sculpture it was a colossal cave made out of cristall glass. We walked further along from the cave towards a huge rabbit made of lots of grey meatall wiers. After that we walked along the squltchy muddy field to the solders they were lined up in strate lines they looked like they were srending.
I enjoyed it so much I went to show my family around the park at the weekend.I was there tour gide.
File Uploaded

COMMENT REPLY - 20171001_132252

Mrs Harrison

• Mrs Harrison

• 2 October, 2017

Wow Lilly! What a brilliant recount. You used lots of different time openers and added lots of adjectives to make your writing really interesting. Well done.
Did you take this photo when you visited at the weekend?

• Kyron

• 4 October, 2017

First we got of the coach and we was at the sculpture park we did different fascinating stuff. We built a fire what looked real! My favourite part of the trip was the place where you sat down and it played music from wires this was really fun! I had a fantastic day!

Mrs Harrison

• Mrs Harrison

• 4 October, 2017

You remembered lots about our visit Kyron. Thank you for blogging.

• Betsy

• 8 October, 2017

I loved going and exploring the Sculpture Park especially when we found the ‘straight men with the buttons.’ My favourite sculpture was the enormous, detailed rabbit that was made out of wire.
Thank you for taking me.

Mrs Harrison

• Mrs Harrison

• 8 October, 2017

I liked the rabbit sculpture too Betsy. It had lots of hidden details.

• Brenna

• 12 October, 2017

I like doing my clay pumpkin because my hands were messy

Mrs Harrison

• Mrs Harrison

• 12 October, 2017

I hope all the clay washed off easily Brenna! I liked your pumpkin too.